Search availability for Carpenters Cottage and book online
|Book through Visit Peak District||OCT
Availability updated on 23 Sep 16 at 11:58
- Cottage sleeps up to 4+2
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
c/o 8 Croft Road,
1 Bentley Brook,
off Lumsdale Road,
Carpenter's Cottage is located in the Derbyshire Dales within a sensitively converted 18th century flour mill complex. The property is a stone, semi-detached cottage which was originally the carpenter's workshop. Private parking for two cars, all energy services and linen are included in the price.
The three bedroomed, two bathroomed, self-catering accommodation is warm, light, spacious and well equipped with gas central heating throughout. The lounge/diner has comfortable seating and dining table and chairs. TV, DVDs, videos, books and games are provided. Steps lead from a balconied deck to a small, paved, sunny garden equipped with barbeque and garden furniture. The modern kitchen has a table and four chairs.
Matlock with shops, restaurants and pubs is less than a mile away. Walks in the lovely Derbyshire Dales can be taken from the door and the Peak District is a short drive. Very close is an excellent park which has a duck pond, boating, putting, tennis and a small train. Matlock attractions include Heights of Abraham, Cable Cars, Gulliver's Kingdom, Mining Museum and the River Derwent. Chatsworth, Carsington Water, Eyam Plague Village, Bakewell, Buxton, Blue John Show Caves, Crich Tramway Museum and shopping e.g. at Masson Mills are a short drive away.
Children welcome from any age.
'S-Heer Arendskerke, Netherlands
24 August 2016
It is always a surprise to choose a cottage from a website. In the end this cottage had far more than we ever expected! It made our stay in the Peak District more than a holiday! This cottage felt like home!
SK 309600 53.13625 -1.53956
From M1 juction 28, take A38 Alfreton road and then follow A615 signposted to Matlock. Continue on main road for 5 miles through Tansley. As you travel down hill to Matlock, you can see Baileys Mill in the valley on your right. Take the Lumsdale road down to the Mill. Carpenters Cottage is on your left as you enter the site.
Bus/train to Matlock then Alfreton bus to The Cliffe/Lumsdale road.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- DVD player
- CD player
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Service dogs not accepted:
we do not allow any animals on premises
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available