Search availability for Carpenters Cottage and book online
|Book through Visit Peak District||JUN
Availability updated on 12 Jun 13 at 11:12
Carpenter's Cottage is located in the Derbyshire Dales within a sensitively converted 18th century flour mill complex. The property is a stone, semi-detached cottage which was originally the carpenter's workshop. Private parking for two cars, all energy services and linen are included in the price.
The three bedroomed, two bathroomed, self-catering accommodation is warm, light, spacious and well equipped with gas central heating throughout. The lounge/diner has comfortable seating and dining table and chairs. TV, DVDs, videos, books and games are provided. Steps lead from a balconied deck to a small, paved, sunny garden equipped with barbeque and garden furniture. The modern kitchen has a table and four chairs.
Matlock with shops, restaurants and pubs is less than a mile away. Walks in the lovely Derbyshire Dales can be taken from the door and the Peak District is a short drive. Very close is an excellent park which has a duck pond, boating, putting, tennis and a small train. Matlock attractions include Heights of Abraham, Cable Cars, Gulliver's Kingdom, Mining Museum and the River Derwent. Chatsworth, Carsington Water, Eyam Plague Village, Bakewell, Buxton, Blue John Show Caves, Crich Tramway Museum and shopping e.g. at Masson Mills are a short drive away.
For further details see
Children welcome from any age.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SK 309600 Lat: 53.13625 Long: -1.53956
From M1 juction 28, take A38 Alfreton road and then follow A615 signposted to Matlock. Continue on main road for 5 miles through Tansley. As you travel down hill to Matlock, you can see Baileys Mill in the valley on your right. Take the Lumsdale road down to the Mill. Carpenters Cottage is on your left as you enter the site.
Bus/train to Matlock then Alfreton bus to The Cliffe/Lumsdale road.
- Building of historical interest
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Linen provided
- Children welcome
- Microwave cooker
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
- Drying facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Central heating
Children welcome from any age.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
- Service dogs not accepted:
we do not allow any animals on premises
- Cottage sleeps up to 4+2
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)