Old Stones Cottage
- Short breaks: show availability and prices for visits of less than a week.
- Book any 2 week stay and receive 20% off the price of the second week.
Search availability for Old Stones Cottage and book online
|Book through Visit Peak District||MAY
Availability updated on 22 May 13 at 16:48
Old Stones Cottage is a delightful detached 16th century self catering holiday cottage in Calver conservation area, in the heart of the Peak District. Close to Bakewell (4 miles), Chatsworth House (2 miles) and Haddon Hall (5 miles). Walks from the door. Ideal base for exploring the surrounding Peak District and visiting local attractions such as Eyam Plague village, Gulliver's Kingdom and the Heights of Abraham. Calver is a pretty village with 3 great pubs, 2 cafes, and shops. Free WiFi. Off street parking and a large, enclosed garden with lovely views of Curbar Edge, seating areas, stone troughs, summer house and BBQ. Well equipped spacious accommodation comprises: dining hall with wood burning stove, breakfast kitchen with 2 oven aga and microwave, HIFI, cosy living room with leather sofas,Freesat TV and DVD player, bathroom with bath, separate shower and shaver point. Utility room with fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. Bedroom one with kingsize bed, bedroom 2 with 3 full size single zip/link beds (2 can be linked on request to provide a super kingsize bed). Upstairs wc. Central heating. Towels and linen, all inclusive. Welcome pack with home made and local products.
For further details see
Children welcome from any age.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SK 239745 Lat: 53.26695 Long: -1.64311
By car: from Bakewell: take the B6001 out of Bakewell which leads directly to Calver. Take the first turning into Calver village (on the right). The cottage is the second house on the left as you go down the hill.
By Bus: from Sheffield 214, 65; from Bakewell 175, 215, 241
- Building of historical interest
- Private parking
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Staff fluent in French
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Laundry facilities
- Linen provided
- Children welcome
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
- Drying facilities
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- CD player
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 2/5Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Seating available in kitchen
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bedrooms available with no fitted carpets
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with support handrails available
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
Old Stones is a stone built detached cottage located on a hill. If you have any queries please call. We look forward to welcoming you.
Our access statement is available on our website.
Old Stones Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 5
- 2 bedrooms
Bed 1:sleeps 2
Bed 2: sleeps 2/3
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, King-sized bed, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- All inclusive