194 Osmaston Road,
The new exhibition tells the story of Royal Crown Derby’s heritage as well as showcasing the company’s connections to the capital and its members of the high society.
Told through incredible historic objects and designs that survive today, the story begins with Andrew Planché, from the jewellery trade in London and continues with William Duesbury and the purchase of the Chelsea porcelain factory, the opening of the London Showroom and the important first Royal Warrant.
The new exhibition presents some of the earliest and rarest pieces produced in Derby history. The exhibition is also showcasing an incredibly detailed 18th-century ornamental clock on loan from Derby Museums, made by Benjamin Vulliamy that incorporates Derby biscuit figures and is one of only a small number to have been made.
Much of the information in the new exhibition is taken from surviving documents and letters. It gives a fascinating and in-depth insight into the company’s heritage and extensive working relationships from days of old, some of which are still flourishing today with retailers including London-based Thomas Goode established in 1827. The exhibit also features a late 19th century inspired window display and explores the development of today’s consumer-led retail market, as well as looking at modern hospitality trade.
Tours last approx 90 mins.
Shop open Mon - Sat 10am - 5pm
1750 Tea Room open Tues - Fri 10am-4pm
Under 16's £2.50
Family Ticket £12.50
SK 357351 52.91294 -1.47055
5 minutes from Derby City Centre, 10 mins from train station. Royal Crown Derby is on the A514 opposite the Derby Royal Infirmary follow the brown signs.
: 2 miles from Derby station
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Public toilets
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Wheelchairs available
- Accepts groups
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Hearing loop system
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system