You have visited:

image for Village item typeLittleoveradd to shortlist

Village

Details

The village is focused on the precinct of shops on Burton Road, but it has a number of historic buildings. Littleover was a chapelry of Mickleover until its independence in 1866. It was known as Parva Over in ancient times and right up into the 19th Century was written as two words Little Over. It began life as a Saxon settlement and during the reign of Edward the Confessor (1042-66), it belonged to the king, along with Mickleover. After the Norman Conquest, they were given to Burton Abbey.

Cash PointDisabled accessPostboxPublic toiletsTelephone (public)

Children welcomeDisabled access

Location

Directions

See location of Littleover on Google mapsSee location on Google maps

Map reference: SK 332341  Lat: 52.90331 Long: -1.50784

Littleover is located approximately two miles outside of Derby.

Parking: free

Accessible by Public Transport: 2 miles from Derby station

Facilities

  • Cash PointCash Point
  • Disabled accessDisabled access
  • PostboxPostbox
  • Public toiletsPublic toilets
  • Telephone (public)Telephone (public)
  • Children welcomeChildren welcome
  • Disabled accessDisabled access