Search availability for Dale Cottage and book online
|Book through Visit Peak District||DEC
Availability updated on 26 Nov 16 at 17:55
Dale Cottage Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 6
- Three bedroomed property. One Double Bedroom with an ensuite WC and shower. One KIng Sized Bedroom and one Twin/Super King bedroom.
- Accepts pets, Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view, King-sized bed
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
This property is in the process of being added to visitpeakdistrict.com please email for booking enquiries.
Dale Cottage is a self catering cottage nestling in the picturesque Peak District village of Castleton. This former miners cottage boasts views of the market place and surrounding countryside. The perfect location for walking, climbing, caving, mountain biking or simply relaxing. Many local amenities, Peveril Castle and the Caverns are a short distance away. Chatsworth House, Buxton, Bakewell and Matlock can be easily reached by car.
The three bedroomed cottage comfortably accommodates up to six people, with a well stocked kitchen, flagstone dining room and homely living room. Family friendly with a high chair, cot and stair gates. Toys, games, books, maps, DVDs, CDs, Internet-TV, wireless speaker, washer, dryer, dishwasher and Wifi are all provided. Pets are welcome downstairs. The tiered garden's dining table has a stunning view of the Mam Tor to Losehill ridge walk. There is a lockable bike shed.
The Peak Room contains a King Sized four poster bed with a wool topped mattress, The Wren Room is a double bedroom with an ensuite shower. The Cliffe Room overlooks the edge of Cave Dale. Normally a spacious Twin room, the two beds can be combined as a Super King bed.
A welcome pack greets your arrival.
SK 151827 53.34137 -1.77524
Pindale Road can be reached by turning off Cross Street (A6187) on to Back Lane, follow Back Lane taking a left turn up the slope on to Bargate and continue to Pindale Road. The cottage is located on the right hand side, opposite the Cave Dale footpath sign.
Castleton by bus:from Sheffield bus numbers 271 & 272. Bakewell bus 173.
By train: The nearest station is in Hope. Connecting trains are available from Sheffield and Manchester. A bus can be taken from Hope to Castleton.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Drying facilities
- On street/public parking
- Washing machine
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bedrooms available with emergency call systems such as vibrating pads (if fire alarm is activated)
- Bedrooms available with emergency call systems such as flashing lights (if fire alarm is activated)
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls