- Short breaks: show availability and prices for visits of less than a week.
- Last minute offers available. Price shown is for 8 guests - lower price for 6 or 7 guests. Click below (i) for more information.
Search availability for Joseph Apartment and book online
The minimum stay for a short break is 3 nights
|Book through Visit Peak District||MAY
(Flat sleeps up to 8)
Availability updated on 25 Mar 13 at 11:16
Proudly introducing new for 2012 our desirable, extremely spacious, self catering apartment.
A former Georgian lodging house set within The Square, a historic grade II listed landmark of historic spa town Buxton.
The Square, in keeping with the design of The Crescent - has a colonnade around the perimeter and stands impressively opposite The Opera House and The Pavilion Gardens where hundreds of Festivals and Events take place all year round! The apartment also offers superb views of The Devonshire Dome.
Right on the doorstep of Buxton's "cosmopolitan" centre with new wine bars and bistros - perfect for pre and post theatre dinners. The Town centre, its many restaurants, cafes, shopping arcades and boutiques - a stone's throw away!
Perfectly positioned for family fun and activities including walking, cycling, golfing and exploring the Peak District's attractions e.g. Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall.
Superb accommodation offering Georgian character / charm with modern facilities and special touches throughout: Luxury bed linen / towels; Heated towel rails; Hospitality trays. Hairdryer; Radio; CD / DVD player; Wi-Fi and Digital TV (Sky coming soon); Fully equipped kitchen with washing / ironing facilities.
Impeccably clean (Owner serviced). 2 parking permits included. Non-smoking. (Sorry no pets). Expected grade 4/5*.
For further details see
Children welcome from any age.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SK 057735 Lat: 53.25848 Long: -1.91600
Enter postcode SK17 6AZ into www.maps.google.co.uk or www.theaa.com for route plan.
From Ashbourne A515, go through Fiveways traffic lights and up over the market place. Go down the hill and turn left after the pedestrian crossings. Continue past the Crescent, then take the first right. Continue past The Old Hall Hotel and the next building is The Square. Follow The Square round the corner. Number 3 - Joseph Apartment - is the Middle (White) door. (Above Buxton Festival Office).
From Bakewell A6, turn left at Morrison's roundabout and continue for approx 2 minutes, through one set of traffic lights until you reach Fiveways traffic lights. Turn right and then follow directions above.
From Manchester A6, turn right at the first roundabout and go under the viaduct. Go straight over the next two roundabouts towards the Railway station. Pass the station and go straight over the next roundabout and take the second left down Water Street (Before the A53). The Opera House is on the right and The Square is on the left.
From A53, A54, A537, go straight over traffic lights on to St John's Rd. Branch right down Water Street (Just before the Church). Go past the Opera House on the right and The Square is opposite.
Nearest Railway station is Buxton. Turn right out of station and then follow directions above from Manchester A6.
Local bus transport from Manchester, Derby and Sheffield.
- Building of historical interest
- On street/public parking
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Gay/lesbian friendly
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Cleaning service
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Laundry facilities
- Linen provided
- Children welcome
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- CD player
- Central heating
Children welcome from any age.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 20Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bedrooms available with no fitted carpets
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
Joseph Apt Details
- Flat sleeps up to 8
- 3 bedrooms as follows:
1 double room (king size bed)
1 double room (king size bed) with attached twin room (bunkbeds)
Sofa bed (double)
- Bath, Non-smoking unit, King-sized bed, Shower
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Price is for 8 occupants for 1 week.
£100 less for 7 occupants
£200 less for 6 occupants
£50 less for 7 occupants
£100 less for 6 occupants
£60 less for 7 occupants
£120 less for 6 occupants
Price includes: Linen and towels. gas central heating, washing facilities and 2 parking permits