We sell a range of lovely gifts and souvenirs in our Gatehouse gift shop.
Gifts include items by local artists and craftspeople made exclusively for Haddon Hall as well as books that relate to the history of the Hall and the interests of our visitors. We stock Traditional Tapestries’ beautiful cushions, bags, table runners, wall plaques and tapestries.
Our gifts reflect the seasons, with items to enhance the house and garden in the summer months and Christmas gifts and decorations in December. The Tudor theme runs through our range of books and music CDs and we also stock DVDs of films that have been made at Haddon Hall where available.
Our souvenirs range from china thimbles and mugs through to tea towels local honey, chocolate bars and postcards.
We also have good quality inexpensive children’s gifts suitable for school groups and young families.
Our beautifully illustrated 70 page Guide Book is available by post at £5 + £3 postage (UK). To order please call the Estate Office on 01629 812855.
SK 227666 53.19184 -1.65145
On A6 between Rowsley and Bakewell. Follow brown tourist signs from Matlock or Bakewell.
Bus routes: Transpeak from Manchester and Nottingham or R61.
Nearest railway station: Chesterfield or Matlock.
: 5 miles from Matlock station
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- French signs/guides
- Gift shop
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Welcome Host
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Baby changing facilities
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Wheelchairs provided
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Audible alarm system
- Steps to the main entrance
- 20Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance is well lit
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- High chairs for children
Haddon Hall is a Grade 1* listed building. It is built on a hillside above the valley of the River Wye. Because of the nature of the site, there are many different levels within the house itself. Access for visitors with disabilities and especially those using wheelchairs is very restricted. The ground floor is mainly flag stones, which have a worn uneven surface. Care and attention must be paid especially in doorways. Due to the changing levels in the Hall there are small steps between rooms.