The Lathkil Hotel is situated in the village of Over Haddon, 2 miles from the historic market town of Bakewell. Perched on the hillside of Lathkill Dale it enjoys the most spectacular, unrivalled panoramic views of any pub in the Peak District. Runner up Traditional Pub of the Year 2011 at The Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards.
There are four en suite bedrooms, two benefitting from the wonderful view. All rooms are equipped with mini bar/fridge, TV/DVD player and tea & coffee making facilities. Dogs are welcome by prior arrangement.
The Lathkil prides itself on serving quality homemade food, using produce from local farmers & suppliers. At lunchtime, diners can choose from a range of hot and cold dishes, freshly prepared salads, soups and sandwiches. In the evenings, choose from dishes such as the acclaimed Venison & Blackberry Casserole or Salmon with a Parmesan Crust or locally produced Sirloin Steak, and their ever changing selection of homemade desserts.
The unique and traditional bar overlooks the dale and provides a relaxed, friendly atmosphere whatever the season, with a roaring open fire to greet you in the winter. Five real ales are always on offer from famous names to local brewers.
Beer garden Children welcome from any age.
29 September 2014
“My daughter and I completely enjoyed our stay.”
We were delighted with the rural location and it was perfect for the day trips we wanted to do. I was particularly pleased to be able to have dinner at the hotel so that at the end of the day, I could relax and not think about driving. It may be hard for you to believe, but for a Canadian used to driving on the other side of the road, driving in the UK is a challenge. We very much enjoyed the view from the restaurant and pub. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
SK 204664 53.19430 -1.69610
Once in the town of Bakewell, head into the town centre to the roundabout in Rutland Square. Take the turn for the B5055 (signposted Over Haddon and Monyash) and follow the straight road out of Bakewell. After about a mile, you will see a sign for Over Haddon and Lathkill Dale. Take the left turn-off and follow it until you reach Over Haddon. Driving into the village, stay on the main street until you reach our sign directing you to turn onto School Lane and follow the road down until you reach the hotel. The car park is at the rear of the hotel.
SAT NAV Postcode: DE45 1JE
If coming by bus, head to Bakewell and then catch the bus to Over Haddon, Please note this is a limited service. The bus stop in Over Haddon is on Monyash Road, head left from the bus stop back down Monyash Road for about 100 metres, at the give way junction turn right, walk about 50mteers and then turn left onto School Lane (sign directing you to The Lathkil Hotel). Proceed down this road until you reach the hotel.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Minibar in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Electric shaver points
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Public house/Inn
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Real log/coal fires
- On street/public parking
Beer garden Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 5Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)