- Book 3 or more nights and get 10% off. Room only option available. No price increase for 2016..!
Search availability for Slack Lane Farmhouse and book online
|Book through Visit Peak District||SEP
Availability updated on 27 Sep 16 at 22:31
Double En-suite Details
- Suite room sleeps 2
- Large open plan accomodation with king size bed and large private lounge with luxury leather suite and flat screen TV. Open views.
- Shower en suite, En suite room, King-sized bed, Non-smoking room
- Prices (per person per night for bed & breakfast for normal occupancy)
- £50 per person per night bed and breakfast for 2 people.
£90 per person per night-single occupancy.
£45 per person per night -room only for 2 people
2 nights minimum stay for all of above
Slack Lane Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast is a 400yr old listed building set at almost 900 feet above sea level in the hills above Matlock. The luxury accomodation is situated on the top floor of a recently converted barn and is totally private. The open plan room, 7m x 5m is contemparily styled with top quality furnishings and bedding.The room has a king sized bed, private lounge with leather suite, dining area, kitchenette with full sized fridge, sink, kettle and microwave and a large shower room. The property is close to Matlock, Bakewell, Ashbourne and Chesterfield. It is also close to Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Hardwick Hall and Tissington Hall.
Numerous walks, Mountain bike/cycle routes and Rock climbing are close by as the property is on the edge of the Peak District National Park and areas of both the White Peak and Dark Peak are within easy reach.
Private off street parking and secure garaging for motorcycles, pedal cycles ,canoes, climbing equipment etc.
Drying room available and facilities provided for washing of muddy boots and bikes.
Escorted walks and rides by arrangement with owner.
Full English Breakfast served in front of a roaring log fire in the farmhouse dining room or Breakfast in a basket served to your door by arrangement.
Complimentary drinks and toiletries.
Sauna on site now available.
SK 333627 53.16111 -1.50325
From the south.
M1 junction 28, follow A38 to Alfreton then join A615 to Matlock. After passing through Wessington (2 miles) turn right onto Lickpenny Lane. At junction go straight ahead. After 2 miles and after negotiating a 90' left hand bend, turn next right onto an un-signed lane displaying 'no motor vehicles except for access ' sign. This is slack lane. Property is the first on the left after 300 metres.
From the north.
M1 junction 29, follow A617 to Chesterfield. At island turn left onto A61. At second set of lights turn right and follow A632 to Matlock. After passing through Kelstedge continue up the large hill ( Slack hill) and Slack Lane is the second turn on the left. We are the first property.
Take A632 to Chesterfield. After passing the golf course on your left, continue on for about 1 mile and start to descend Slack Hill. Slack Lane is the second turn on your right. It is unmarked but has a 'no motor vehicles except for access' sign. We are first property.
Number X17 bus runs between Chesterfield and Matlock. bus stop approx 100 meters and 120 meters from property.
Taxis available in both Matlock and Chesterfield.
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Sauna onsite
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Vegetarian diet available
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- DVD player
- CD player
- Real log/coal fires
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 10Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Gluten free (coeliac)
Accomodation not suitable for guests with mobility problems owing to number of steps and uneven nature of many of the public areas. This is owing to building being a 400 year old listed building. No disabled facilities in toilet or shower room. Guests who have hearing difficulties have been considered as the hardwired smoke detection system activates the exterior alarm to the property so that the owners can ensure that the guests are evacuated.