Search availability for Croft Cottage and book online
|Book through Visit Peak District||OCT
Availability updated on 26 Sep 16 at 19:20
- Cottage sleeps up to 2+1
- Fluent Dutch spoken. A little French & German.
- Accepts pets, Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view, King-sized bed
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Max. one dog/pet allowed. Extra charge of £10. Short Breaks available from November to mid-March - min. 3 nights. Xmas and New Year periods - min. 5 nights. Short breaks are charged as follows: 2017 - Low Season only - £192 for first 3 nights, plus £60 for each additional night 2017 - Xmas and New Year periods - £360 for 5 nights, plus £50 for each additional night
"Lovely cottage – very well equipped and plenty of room. Village delightful. Thank you." (Visitor comment, Sept ’15)
This 18th Century cosy cottage overlooks the pretty limestone village of Parwich in the Peak District National Park. Croft Cottage retains a wealth of old world charm with beamed ceilings and mullioned windows. The cottage is situated up a short driveway from a quiet lane. Panoramic views across the valley. The cottage is south-facing and has a sheltered garden, a vegetable patch and a meadow behind the cottage, where sheep graze and pheasants wander past.
There is a dining area and spacious lounge with open fire, colour television and video. Wifi available. Bathroom with bath/shower & WC. Well-equipped kitchen with electric cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine and microwave.
Upstairs are a large and small bedroom with a king-size bed and single bed respectively.
Travel cot and High chair can be provided.
The village of Parwich is quiet and secluded; it has a pub with small shop.
Excellent walking, cycling or sightseeing in the area or simply relax in the peaceful surroundings.
The market towns of Ashbourne, Bakewell and Buxton are nearby. Parwich is ideally located for Carsington Water, Dovedale and the Manifold Valley, the Tissington and High Peak Trails as well as for Alton Towers.
Children welcome from any age.
Kent, United Kingdom
26 June 2015
“Good location, lovely cottage”
Great location for local walks with easy access to surrounding towns and villages. Very friendly owner, cosy cottage and log fire. Garden was very pretty and the views lovely. Situated in a picturesque village.
SK 188545 53.08755 -1.71955
From Ashbourne: Take the A515 towards Buxton. After 2 miles turn right onto B5056 towards Bakewell. After a further 3 miles turn left towards Ballidon and Parwich. Follow signs for Parwich.
From Buxton: Take the A515 towards Ashbourne. Turn left after about 14 miles towards Alsop en le Dale and Parwich.
From Bakewell: Take the A6 south for 2 miles. turn right after passing Haddon Hall onto the B5056 towards Ashbourne and after 10 miles turn right towards Ballidon and Parwich.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Euros accepted
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in Dutch
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 4Number of steps to entrance
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bedrooms available with no fitted carpets
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available