Search availability for Croft Cottage and book online
|Book through Visit Peak District||MAY
Availability updated on 23 May 13 at 22:12
"Wonderful - cottage, views, walks, hospitality. 10 out of 10 - will be back" (visitor comment May '12)
This 18th Century cosy cottage overlooks the pretty limestone village of Parwich in the Peak District National Park. Croft Cottage retains a wealth of old world charm with beamed ceilings and mullioned windows. The cottage is situated up a short driveway from a quiet lane. Panoramic views across the valley. The cottage is south-facing and has a sheltered garden and a meadow behind the cottage, where sheep graze and pheasants wander past.
There is a dining area and spacious lounge with open fire, colour television and video. Wifi available. Bathroom with bath/shower & WC. Well-equipped kitchen with electric cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine and microwave.
Upstairs are a large and small bedroom with a king-size bed and single bed respectively.
The village of Parwich is quiet and secluded; it has a pub with small shop.
Excellent walking, cycling or sightseeing in the area or simply relax in the peaceful surroundings.
The market towns of Ashbourne, Bakewell and Buxton are nearby. Parwich is ideally located for Carsington Water, Dovedale and the Manifold Valley, the Tissington and High Peak Trails as well as for Alton Towers.
For further details see
Children welcome from any age.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SK 188545 Lat: 53.08755 Long: -1.71955
From Ashbourne: Take the A515 towards Buxton. After 2 miles turn right onto B5056 towards Bakewell. After a further 3 miles turn left towards Ballidon and Parwich. Follow signs for Parwich.
From Buxton: Take the A515 towards Ashbourne. Turn left after about 14 miles towards Alsop en le Dale and Parwich.
From Bakewell: Take the A6 south for 2 miles. turn right after passing Haddon Hall onto the B5056 towards Ashbourne and after 10 miles turn right towards Ballidon and Parwich.
- Private parking
- Euros accepted
- Staff fluent in Dutch
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- Linen provided
- Children welcome
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Microwave cooker
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 4Number of steps to entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bedrooms available with no fitted carpets
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Cottage sleeps up to 2+1
- Fluent Dutch spoken. A little French & German.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view, King-sized bed
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Short Breaks available from November - February, except for Xmas, New Year. Short breaks are charged as follows:
(2013) £168.00 for first 3 nights plus £54.00 for each additional night